EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: CONTAINS PROFANITY
RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: POST-MATCH NEWS CONFERENCE WITH PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH THOMAS TUCHEL WITH BITES ON MBAPPE INJURY AND COUPE DE FRANCE WIN, PHOTOS OF MBAPPE INJURED AND STADIUM, VOXES AFTER THE MATCH
SAINT-DENIS, FRANCE (JULY 25, 2020) (FRANCE TV – ACCESS ALL)
1. PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, ARRIVING AND SITTING DOWN
2. (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, ON KYLIAN MBAPPE INJURY, SAYING:
«He took a hit here, it’s impossible to do sprints, and with Kylian (Mbappe), everyone saw that. No news about that injury. I am very, what can I say, it’s the third consecutive match against St Etienne, it’s the third red card, it’s the third time in the first 30 minutes. It’s not because they’re tired, or something like that. If we play like this in the final, I’m very surprised. It’s not good news for us. I’m very happy, of course, that we won, it’s now necessary to stay calm and be patient as there’s no news.»
SAINT-DENIS, FRANCE (JULY 24, 2020) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
3. (MUTE) VARIOUS STILL PHOTOS OF PARIS ST GERMAIN STRIKER KYLIAN MBAPPE INJURED DURING THE MATCH
4. (MUTE) STILL PHOTO OF MBAPPE BEING ASSISTED OFF THE PITCH
5. (MUTE) STILL PHOTO OF PEOPLE, INCLUDING FRENCH PRESIDENT EMMANUEL MACRON WATCHING IN STADIUM
6. SCREEN READING (English/French): «SEE YOU SOON»
7. EXTERIOR OF STADIUM
8. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE LEAVING AFTER MATCH
9. (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN FAN, CHOKRE, SAYING:
«There is everything you need, even for me, I lowered (my mask) a little bit, and I was reprimanded, because I had to put it back, and they are right. In any case, in terms of COVID-19, it’s fine, but in terms of the atmosphere of the game, it’s shit — sorry.»
10. PEOPLE WALKING OUT FROM INSIDE STADIUM
11. (SOUNDBITE) (French) ST ETIENNE FAN, AKIM CHAKROUME, SAYING:
«We’ve been robbed, we’ve been robbed of victory, but we felt safe, that’s more important.»
12. SCREEN READING (French): «COUPE DE FRANCE FINAL»
STORY: Paris St Germain’s Neymar struck early to secure a 1-0 win over 10-man St Etienne as they claimed a record-extending 13th Coupe de France on Friday (July 25) in a near empty stadium as French soccer came out of a four-month break due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Brazilian scored on the rebound in the 14th minute after PSG fellow forward Kylian Mbappe sprinted clear and saw his shot blocked by goalkeeper Jessy Moulin, with only 5,000 fans in the 80,000-seater Stade de France due to strict health protocols.
The atmosphere in the run-up to the first professional game in France after the long hiatus was far from festive with only a handful of people around the stadium before the match.
Loic Perrin’s rough tackle in the 26th put Mbappe out of the game. The St Etienne captain was sent off in his last game and four other players were booked as tempers briefly flared.
PSG coach Thomas Tuchel was angry with the way St Etienne had played from the start but said he was happy they won the final.
(Production: Yiming Woo, Clotaire Achi)